The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is 1) to provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism; 2) to train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers; and 3) to benefit living beings through the flourishing of Kadam Dharma.
The program comprises of the following eight subjects, in addition to the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program.
1. Ocean of Nectar – The True Nature of All Thing
a commentary to Guide to the Middle Way
2. Clear Light of Bliss – Tantric Meditation Manual
a commentary on the Vajrayana Mahamudra
3. The Bodhisattva Vow – A Practical Guide to Helping Others
a commentary on The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline
4. Great Treasury of Merit – How to Rely Upon a Spiritual Guide
a commentary to Offering to the Spiritual Guide
5. Mahamudra Tantra – The Supreme Heart Jewel Nectar
a commentary to Heart Jewel and Mahamudra Tantra
6. The New Guide to Dakini Land – The Highest Yoga Tantra Practice of Vajrayogini a commentary to Vajrayogini Tantra
7. Tantric Grounds and Paths – How to begin, make progress on, and complete the Vajrayana Path a commentary to the Ground and Paths of Secret Mantra
8. New Essence of Vajrayana – The Highest Yoga Tantra Practice of Heruka Body Mandala the Commentary to The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala